LCE organized a campus interview for its student teachers of the batch 2017-19. The event was also open to the alumini of LCE. The delegates of various schools arrived at the venue and were welcomed by the student teachers assigned to them. There were 28 schools for the campus placement. The delegates provided a lay down of their work ethics, activities done by the schools, achievement etc. The event struck a chord with each and every person who attended the campus interview
The aim of this visit was to make the students to witness the various culture and heritage found around the world.
First year students along with five staff members visited the following buildings,
Building 1: Archaeology Section
Building 2: Geology Section
Building 3: Bronze Gallery Section
Building 4: Children museum
Building 5:Art Gallery
Students visited the Loyola College Library and were made to refer and read the print resources (OPAC) & E – Resources. They were also taken to RCDA – Resource Centre for the differently abled. Orientation on the services provided to the visually challenged such as screen reading softwares, Internet, special devices, E-books and vehicles were given.
Staff In-charge: Dr. PondySelvi, Asst. Prof. of History Education.
Resource Person: Rev. Dr. S. Sebastian, S.J. Secretary LCE.
Father started the session on pivotal role of a teacher and stated the 5C’s – Compassion, Conscientious, Competence, Commitment and Creativity that are necessary for the formation of teachers.
The workshop was conducted in view of an eye opening for the second year student – teachers to attend their upcoming campus placements with utmost confidence. The worshop had three phases as,
Phase I – 9.00 to 10.30 a.m – Resume preparation
Phase II – 10.45 to 11.55 a.m – Interview Skills
Phase III – 12.00 noon to 1.00 p.m – Mock Interview
Resource Persons: 1. Rev. Dr. Albert Williams, S.J. Director, LIMCOS, Loyola College.
2. Dr. Xavier Raj, Professor of Entrepreneurship Management, LIBA.
3. Dr. Sekar, Headmaster, MMDA Govt.Hr.Sec.School.
4. Ms. T. Premakumari, Vice Principal, St. Britto’s Mat. Hr. Sec.School.
Student-teachers were given an input session regarding resume preparation by LCE staff Dr. H. Emilda Josephine and Mr. K. Nandha. Four students took part in the mock interview. The panel gave constructive feedback to the candidates
Chief Guest:Mrs. Gayathry, International Athlete, Inspector of Income Tax.
Rev.Fr. Jayapathy Francis, Rector, Loyola College Campus. Sports day events began with the prayer song followed by Tamil Thai Vazthu. Dr. L. KulandaiTheresal, Principal, LCE welcomed the gathering. This was followed by the Inter-house March Past, a highly competitive event where the four houses eyed for the first place. The Chief guest Mrs. Gayathry took the salute of the impressive March Past of the students.
Lighting of the torch was taken up by S. Koperundevi, Keerthi Ganesh, U. Swetha, AbishekVijin. A, NeerukondaSindhu, S. Sabarinadhan, Karthik followed by P. Lakshmi. Oath taking ceremony was administered by the college sports secretary DivyaBharathi. R.
Few events like 100 mts for boys & girls, fun games for boys and girls, 4 x 100 mts relay for boys & girls and tug of war for boys & girls were conducted. A lucky game for the staff was also conducted.
Finally students performed saree dance, yoga pyramid, drill and the students displayed various skills in martial arts. Prizes were distributed to the winners of the sports events. Sports day came to an end with National Anthem.
Feast mass was celebrated by Fr. Lourdu Raj. Fr. Louis blessed the car which carned the statue of Our Lady, Choir members sang the hymns. After the procession was over final benediction was given by Fr. Sahaya Raj, who also gave a message on conversion of hearts.
First year students gave presentations regarding their learning experience from visiting special schools and innovative schools.
• Reshma&Rimesha presented about Little Flower Convent Higher Secondary School for deaf and dumb,G.N.Chetty Road, Chennai.
• NomunaChatma presented aboutSt. Louis Institute for the deaf and blind located in Adyar, Chennai.
• Sureshpresented about Mithra Rehabilitation Centre located in Anna Nagar, Chennai.
• Melkal Geraldine presented about St. Brittos’ Academy located in Velacherry, Chennai.
• Doccus presented about Montfort Matriculation Hr. Sec. School located in St.Thomas Mount, Chennai.
• NeerkondaSindhu presented about National Public School located in Gopalapuram, Chennai.
First year students visited the following innovative schools.
• 60 students visited St. Brittos’ Academy located in Velacherry, Chennai.
• 49 students visited Montfort Matriculation Hr. Sec. School located in St. Thomas Mount, Chennai.
• 68 students visited National Public School located in Gopalapuram, Chennai.
Student-teachers came to know about the innovative teaching practises and healthy student teacher relationship. All these experiences made them to realize that a teacher should create a rapport with the students which will help them to climb the ladder of achievement in their life.
First year students visited the following special schools.
• 80 students visited Little Flower Convent Higher Secondary School for deaf and dumb & Little Flower Convent Higher Secondary School for the blind located in G.N.Chetty Road, Chennai.
• 25 students visited Mithra Rehabilitation Centre located in Anna Nagar, Chennai.
• 70 students visited St. Louis Institute for the deaf and blind located in Adyar, Chennai.
The aim of the visit was to observe and experience the innovative methods used in schools. Since it is a special school the student-teachers interacted with the special children and learned about the different teaching strategies provided with support service in a unique manner.
Zonal level athletic meet was conducted by TNTEU at SDAT, Chetpet. 14 students participated representing Loyola College of Education. The following students received the prizes at Zonal level Athletic Meet,
P. Lakshmi – I place in 100 mts, Long jump and Shot put
S. Koperundevi – II place in 200 mts
P. Lakshmi, Swetha, R. Divyabarathi & S.Koperundevi – I place in 4x100 mts relay
Sasidharan, Purnesh Kumar, AbishekVijin&Kalyanasundaranar - I place in 4x100 mts relay
P. Lakshmi bagged the individual championship among girls
Overall championship among girls team was bagged by the LCE girls team
Resource Person: Dr. Eric Miller
IQAC of LCE organized a workshop on “Teaching through Storytelling”. This programme was Co-ordinated by Dr. Eric Miller from World’s Storytelling an NGO that goes around the world introducing storytelling to teachers. The entire session of storytelling was informative and interesting.
Staff In-charge: Mrs. H.A. AnbuSelvi
Staff In-charge: Mrs. Y. ElinShibi